Water has been of fundamental importance for human beings since primeval times. A large percentage of our body consists of it; the first human settlements were sited by rivers; and the earth is even called the ‘blue planet’. In short, water means life and water also offers relaxation as soon as it caresses the body. Man’s deep rooted attraction to this essential element explains why swimming pools still exert such a strong pull in modern times.
To satisfy this expectation, today swimming pools have to fulfil elevated requirements. This includes offering perfect hygiene, high functionality and, above all, an inspiring look and feel. This challenging task demands high-quality materials and competent partners like Agrob Buchtal; a leading international supplier of swimming pool ceramics who is represented in the UK by Spectile Ltd, based in Crewe, Cheshire.
Agrob Buchtal’s product range comprises a great number of colours, formats, pool edge systems, surfaces, and special pieces which can be combined in a modular system. In this way, comprehensive concepts can be realised that offer convincing aesthetics and individuality. In addition to high product quality, Spectile Ltd. and the in-house planning department of Agrob Buchtal, are accompanying professionals with practical advice: not just with simple general information, but with individual project-specific support. In this way, over the course of the past decades, thousands of swimming pool projects across the globe have been supported during the planning phase.
Generally speaking, the architect is relieved of specific detail work, so that he can concentrate on the things that are important to him. A concrete example of this are laying plans, which permit a realistic impression of the end result in advance. In addition, these plans form the basis for the exact calculation of the quantities needed and help guide the installers to guarantee that ideas become built reality.
This service is based on ceramic: a material that has proven its worth for thousands of years in applications involving water. Ceramic mosaics were already used in antiquity, both for surfaces and for figurative representations, opulent motifs, or geometric patterns. The laying at that time was quite complex, as the individual pieces had to be precisely placed, piece by piece, by hand. Therefore, this noble material was originally the reserve of emperors and kings. This class limitation is obsolete in the modern age. Nowadays, mosaics are prefabricated on mesh-sheets, usually around 300 by 300mm in size, and have thus become affordable for normal mortals. But to reduce ceramics only to mosaics is not appropriate, because the range of tile formats has expanded considerably and now also includes extra large sizes that convey sovereign elegance in XXL format.
Relevant and proven
Ceramic tiles from Agrob Buchtal offer a number of advantages that are relevant and fully effective in swimming pools, spas and wellness areas. They include:
- Permanently resistant to humidity, moisture and aggressive media such as cleaning agents and disinfectants, mineral-rich thermal water, oils, shampoos, soaps, alkalis, and acids
- Available in various slip resistance classes, so that consistent, finely differentiated solutions are possible: underfoot safety even in wet conditions
- Available in countless designs and colour nuances for the implementation of all styles, e.g. roman-warm, arabic-opulent, moorish-vital, asian-reduced, etc.
- Absolutely lightfast: even under extreme sunlight or intensive illumination there is no fading or discolouring. The emotional effect of colours can thus be used optimally and permanently.
- Equally applicable on walls and floors. This allows complete concepts spanning the swimming pool, the pool surround, and adjacent areas such as changing rooms, saunas, spas, and showers (right down to ceramic shower trays)
- Offers practical and aesthetic detailing through special pieces such as radial strips, grooves, etc. In addition, rounded special pieces reduce the risk of injury by obviating sharp edges.
- Made of 100% natural raw materials, primarily clay. The corresponding products are harmless to humans, animals, plants and the environment. In terms of materials, they are closely related to the tableware we eat from every day or ceramic teeth, hip joints, etc. This material is, therefore, perfectly compatible with the human organism and is even recommended for allergy sufferers.
- Free of vapours and does not take on odours providing a healthy indoor climate and a pleasant ambience
- Resistant to heat, such as hot water, steam, or sauna oven coals. Fire does not produce toxic gases; an important safety aspect, especially in public swimming pools with high traffic Hygienic. Ceramic tiles do not provide a breeding ground for bacteria and other micro-organisms: an important characteristic in the humid climate that prevails in swimming pools and saunas where impeccable hygiene is the top priority.
- A valuable, long-lasting, sustainable solution: If you do not only view the one-time installation costs, but also the medium- and long-term consideration including the regular follow-up costs, tiles from Agrob Buchtal offer an impressive return on investment
In addition to these many advantages, the revolutionary Hytect coating delivers further arguments in favour of tiles from Agrob Buchtal. This innovation lends ceramic tiles special characteristics. Firstly, they are extremely easy to clean: water is not repelled but spreads to form a thin film, dirt is infiltrated, and can then be easily removed.
Secondly, it has an antibacterial effect without using chemical substances: micro-organisms, such as bacteria or fungi, are decomposed and their renewed formation is prevented. Thirdly, unwelcome odours or air pollutants are eliminated, and thus the air quality in indoor swimming pools, changing rooms, or catering areas is improved.
Hytect is durably fired into the glaze at high temperature and is so robust that not only wall but also floor tiles can be provided with it. The coating has proved itself in practice, with tens of millions of square metres already having been used world-wide.